If you are active duty military, retired, or a military dependent, you have access to the resources provided by Throckmorton Library, the library on post.
For computer technology students, one of the best privileges they offer is access to Safari, a website which has thousands of books from O'Reilly (the animal books), Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Microsoft Press and more. Safari also has many training videos.
In just a few easy steps, you can be accessing the most current technical books in programming, scripting, development, and more from the comfort of your own home.
1. Go to the Throckmorton Library homepage. Click on 'Forgot or Need a PIN.'
2. Complete your registration. This will create your Throckmorton account. For help, contact Throckmorton Library staff via phone or email.
3. On the homepage, click the 'eResources/Research' tab. Then choose the 'E-Content' tab.
4. Scroll down and click 'Safari Books.'
5. You will then be prompted to create a Safari account. Do this now. If you get an error message, use the help link provided and ask them to create an account for you. They will create your account and you will then be able to access Safari 24/7. It looks like this: